Alison G. Deaner, Partner
Alison Deaner focuses her practice in the areas of complex medical malpractice defense litigation for major metropolitan area hospital systems and medical practices, as well as products liability litigation, in both New York and New Jersey. She also focuses on general liability defense litigation for hospitals and medical practices as well as other premises owners. Ms. Deaner is admitted to practice in the State of New York, the State of New Jersey, as well as in the United States Districts Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the District of New Jersey. She joined the firm in 2014, after having practiced in New Jersey for several years, specializing in medical malpractice defense and nursing home litigation.
Highlights of some of her most recent successes include:
- Summary judgment was granted and affirmed on appeal on a matter involving a failure to timely diagnose and prevent a stroke.
- Voluntary discontinuance of a New Jersey matter involving wrongful death from allegations of negligent treatment of a brain aneurysm of a 38-year-old mother of three small children.
- Voluntary discontinuance obtained while summary judgment pending on a matter involving a failure to timely diagnose and treat ischemic coronary disease.
Ms. Deaner is a member of the New York City Bar Association Medical Malpractice Committee and the Brooklyn Women’s Bar Association. She is also actively involved in continuing legal education within the firm. Ms. Deaner obtained her Bachelor of Arts from the University of Michigan. Thereafter, she obtained her Juris Doctor degree from Brooklyn Law School. Between 2015 and 2019, Ms. Deaner was recognized by Super Lawyers as a New York Metro “Rising Star” in the area of medical malpractice defense.
- 23 ARFD attorneys recognized as 2020 NY-Metro Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Learn more →
- Deirdre Tracey, Alison Deaner, and Deborah Karlewicz elected to ARFD partnership. Michelle Mansbach Dubin elevated to Of Counsel Learn more →
- 19 ARFD Attorneys named as 2019 NY-Metro Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Learn more →
- 5 ARFD attorneys recognized as 2018 NY-Metro Rising Stars by Super Lawyers Learn more →
- Alison Deaner obtains discontinuance of ARFD clients following filing of summary judgment motion Learn more →
- Aaronson Rappaport Attorneys Selected to the 2017 New York Super Lawyers Rising Stars List Learn more →
- Aaronson Rappaport Associates and Of Counsel Selected to the 2016 New York Super Lawyer Rising Stars List Learn more →