Amelia R. Choyne, Partner
Amelia R. Choyne’s practice is dedicated to trial litigation of high-exposure medical malpractice matters for major metropolitan area hospital systems and medical practices and general liability, and liability consulting/investigation. Ms. Choyne is admitted to practice in the State of New York as well as in the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Highlights of her most recent successes include:
- Obtained voluntary discontinuance of entire case prior to moving for summary judgment on behalf of two client-physicians and hospital in New York County Supreme Court case.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal for hospital client in Queens County Supreme Court case.
- Obtained voluntary discontinuance for client following deposition in Bronx County Supreme Court case.
- Obtained voluntary discontinuance of both client-physicians following plaintiff’s deposition in New York Southern District federal case.
Ms. Choyne is a member of the American Bar Association, New York State Bar Association, Brooklyn Women’s Bar Association and the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance. She has been invited to participate in an number of panels and round table discussions on the advancement of women in law and leadership. She is also an active participant of the New York City Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Moms in Training and is formerly a member of the Executive Leadership Committee for New York City Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Moms in Training and the fundraising committee for The 2018 Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Crimson Ball.
Ms. Choyne received a Bachelor of Arts degree in international studies from Emory University and a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Miami School of Law. She was a member of the Jessup International Moot Court Competition Team where she was a regional semifinalist and won Second Place for Best Brief. She also served as vice president of the International Moot Court Board.
- Aaronson Rappaport Attorneys recognized as 2022 NY Metro Super Lawyers and Rising Stars! Learn more →
- 24 ARFD Attorneys Recognized as 2021 NY-Metro Super Lawyers and Rising Stars! Learn more →
- Amelia Choyne moderates round table at the Women in Law & Leadership NYC Summit Learn more →
- Amelia Choyne Speaks before New York State Bar Association Learn more →