Craig P. Fenno, Partner
Craig P. Fenno specializes in medical malpractice defense for hospitals, physicians and multi-practice groups; and he also handles cases involving labor law, premises liability and automobile accidents. He has been selected to the New York Super Lawyers list every year since 2010.
Mr. Fenno has tried more than 50 cases to verdict in New York, Queens, Bronx, Kings and Nassau Counties – most with seven- to eight-figure exposure. Representative cases in which he has obtained defense verdicts include:
- Gellman v Presbyterian Hospital, a young man who suffered a severe stroke he claimed was a complication of embolization of the anterior choroidal artery performed by a leading neuro-interventional radiologist. This case was selected by The National Law Journal as one of the top 10 defense verdicts in the United States.
- Mayo v. Bronx Lebanon Medical Center, a pediatric brain damage case in Bronx County where the demand was $3 million and no settlement offer was made.
- Brandes v. North Shore University Hospital, a four-month trial in Queens County involving allegations of fraud and ghost surgery.
- Apthekar v. Schulman, an attorney who claimed he could no longer work because his vision was impaired by a Lasik surgery performed by a well-known ophthalmologist.
- Gomez v. BIMC, a wrongful death of a young mother, survived by two young children, in the emergency room from anaphylactic shock after eating peanuts.
More recently he has secured defense verdicts on:
- Duffy v. Jacobs, a re-trial of a case involving catastrophic injuries that was reversed by the New York State Court of Appeals because the trial court refused to poll the jury after the verdict.
- Grechko v. Maimonides Medical Center, a Kings County wrongful death case involving a young man survived by his wife and infant daughter, who claimed premature discharge from the emergency room.
Mr. Fenno received a Bachelor of Arts degree, cum laude, from St. Lawrence University and a Juris Doctor degree from Albany Law School.
- Aaronson Rappaport Attorneys recognized as 2022 NY Metro Super Lawyers and Rising Stars! Learn more →
- 24 ARFD Attorneys Recognized as 2021 NY-Metro Super Lawyers and Rising Stars! Learn more →
- 22 ARFD attorneys recognized as 2020 NY-Metro Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Learn more →
- 18 ARFD Attorneys named as 2019 NY-Metro Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Learn more →
- 11 ARFD partners recognized by NY-Metro Super Lawyers for 2018 Learn more →
- Another Defense Verdict for Craig Fenno and an Aaronson Rappaport Client in Kings County Learn more →
- Aaronson Rappaport Partners Were Selected to the 2017 New York Super Lawyers List Learn more →
- Aaronson Rappaport Partners Were Selected to the 2016 New York Super Lawyers List Learn more →