Larry D. Bloomstein, Partner
Larry D. Bloomstein’s litigation and trial expertise includes the defense of complex medical malpractice and general liability claims within New York and New Jersey. Larry represents hospitals, multi-disciplinary practices, medical groups, individual physicians, nurses, physician assistants and other practitioners within matters involving: COVID-19 claims, neurosurgery and neurology; obstetrics and gynecology; cardiology; bariatric, general and vascular surgery; cancer diagnosis; radiology; anesthesia/pain management; pediatrics; orthopedics and emergency room medicine.
Highlights of Larry’s trial results include:
- Defense verdict for a hospital in a wrongful death suit alleging a cardiac patient suffered a fatal arrest three hours after being discharged home.
- Defense verdict for a surgeon accused of causing extensive facial burning and scarring due to claimed misuse of a laser device.
- Defense verdict for a plastic surgeon charged with mismanaged nasal and forehead reconstruction surgery following Mohs removal of extensive skin cancers.
- Defense verdict for a pediatrician who allegedly failed to diagnose malignant melanoma and who purportedly altered the medical office EMR as part of a “cover-up.”
- Defense verdict for a vascular surgeon claimed to have misplaced — and failed to retrieve — a vena cava filter, which then migrated to the heart, damaged the superior vena cava and right atrium, and caused the patient’s death.
- Defense verdict for a surgeon claimed to have clipped the common hepatic duct during laparoscopic gallbladder removal.
- Defense verdict for a radiologist charged with causing a severe anaphylactic reaction due to contraindicated use of IV contrast.
- Defense verdict for a plastic surgeon for claims stemming from a bilateral brachioplasty.
Larry received his B.A. from Rutgers College and graduated cum laude from Pace University School of Law, where he served as an editor of Pace Law Review. He is admitted to the New York and New Jersey state courts, and to federal court within the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
In addition to his defense work, Larry is actively involved in continuing legal education, mentors the firm’s junior attorneys, served as an “Attorney Courtroom Ethics” panelist at the New York State Bar Association’s Annual Conference, and has lectured on legal topics, including: voir dire, taking and defending depositions, and medical records analysis. His past pro bono work includes successfully obtaining political asylum for a Liberian political refugee. He also serves as an elected trustee of the Half Hollow Hills Community Library, Dix Hills, New York.
- Defense Verdict in Nassau County for Larry Bloomstein and his team Learn more →
- Pre-trial motion results in breast surgeon’s discontinuance from Kings County wrongful death lawsuit Learn more →
- Another DV for Larry Bloomstein and Aaronson Rappaport client Learn more →
- Larry Bloomstein Co-presents on Attorney Ethics at New York State Bar Association Conference Learn more →
- Larry Bloomstein Achieves Aaronson Rappaport Defense Verdict Learn more →
- New York’s “Good Samaritan Law” and the use of AEDs Learn more →
- New York County Judge Rules Against the Joint Trial of Asbestos Cases Learn more →
- New York Courts Continue to Deem Social Networking Sites Discoverable Learn more →
- Social Media and the Law – Evolving and Inconsistent Learn more →
- Public Tweets Can Be Subject to Subpoena Learn more →
- Lawyers, Jurors and Social Media: Let’s Not Be Friends (New York City Bar Association Opinion) Learn more →