Jay A. Rappaport, Partner
Jay A. Rappaport is a founding partner of the firm. Mr. Rappaport has devoted more than 29 years to the field of professional liability defense litigation and concentrates in the trial of product liability and medical malpractice cases with seven-figure exposure. Mr. Rappaport has been recognized repeatedly by his peers for inclusion in U.S. News – Best Lawyers®, consistently has been selected to the New York Super Lawyers list and Top 1% Trial Counsel. Most notably, he has been recognized as AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ – the organization’s highest peer review rating, which is based on legal ability and ethical standards.
Mr. Rappaport received a Bachelor of Arts degree from George Washington University and a Juris Doctor degree from New York Law School. He then spent three years as an assistant district attorney in the New York County District Attorneys’ Office. He serves as coordinating counsel for breast implant litigation for a number of New York hospitals and is vice president and a member of the New York State Medical Malpractice Defense Bar Association Board of Directors. Mr. Rappaport frequently presents on defense litigation issues and has lectured on behalf of the Combined Coordinating Council, the FOJP Service Corp. and the Medical Liability Mutual Insurance Company.
- 24 ARFD Attorneys Recognized as 2021 NY-Metro Super Lawyers and Rising Stars! Learn more →
- 15 Aaronson Rappaport Partners & Associates recognized as The Best Lawyers in America (2021 Edition) Learn more →
- 23 ARFD attorneys recognized as 2020 NY-Metro Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Learn more →
- 10 ARFD Partners recognized by Best Lawyers in America 2020, including Jay A. Rappaport, named Lawyer of the Year Learn more →
- 19 ARFD Attorneys named as 2019 NY-Metro Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Learn more →
- 10 ARFD partners recognized by The Best Lawyers in America© 2019 Learn more →
- 11 ARFD partners recognized by NY-Metro Super Lawyers for 2018 Learn more →
- Another defense verdict for Jay Rappaport and ARFD client Learn more →
- Aaronson Rappaport Partners Were Selected to the 2017 New York Super Lawyers List Learn more →
- Aaronson Rappaport Partners Nominated as 2018 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® Learn more →
- Aaronson Rappaport Partners Were Selected to the 2016 New York Super Lawyers List Learn more →