Lawrence W. Rosenblatt, Partner
Lawrence W. Rosenblatt is a graduate of Brooklyn Law School. Prior to entering law school, he worked for several Fortune 500 retailers in both management and operations.
Lawrence manages complex medical malpractice and civil litigation matters with multi-million dollar exposures from inception through trial, focusing on obtaining excellent results in a cost-effective manner. Lawrence has obtained numerous defense and directed verdicts, as well as dismissals on summary judgment and Frye motions, for his clients throughout New York. He is a member of the firm’s Executive and Marketing Committees.
Admitted to all New York State courts and the federal courts of New York, Eastern and Southern Districts, Lawrence also manages complex litigation matters in New Jersey.
Lawrence is an invited member of the prestigious Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM). Selected attorneys and law firms are extended membership by invitation only based on nominations from CLM Fellows. Lawrence has served as CLM’s Chair of its National Medical Malpractice Sub-Committee, and has been a panel speaker at national and regional conferences on the subjects of defense strategies employed in high exposure medical malpractice matters as well as in Frye and Daubert motion practice. Lawrence is a former member of the New York City Bar Association’s Medical Malpractice Committee and has achieved a peer-reviewed AV-rating by Martindale-Hubbell. He is annualy nominated for inclusion in such organizations as New York -Metro Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers In America, and Top 100 Civil Defense Litigators in multiple practice areas.
Practice areas include: civil litigation, including professional negligence, general liability, premises, construction, auto and employment law, with an emphasis on high-exposure medical malpractice, catastrophic injury and general liability matters in the greater New York and New Jersey areas.
- Dutchess County – Defense Verdict for a regional health network and its cardiovascular practice in a medical malpractice action, where it was claimed that negligent supervision and positioning during cardiac scanning resulted in injury to the 50 year old male patient’s shoulder, resulting in numerous operations and ultimately reverse shoulder replacement with permanent disability to his dominant arm.
- Kings County – Directed Verdict for a urologist in a medical malpractice/wrongful death action involving allegations of following to prevent, timely recognize and treat a systemic infection following elective prostate biopsy that resulted in death within a week of the biopsy.
- Queens County – Defense Verdict for an emergency medicine physician and Long Island hospital in a medical malpractice/wrongful death action involving claims of failing to timely diagnose and treat a pulmonary embolism resulting in death. Notably, the jury unanimously (6-0) found Mr. Rosenblatt’s clients not liable on all six departure questions that the Court allowed the jury to consider.
- Kings County – Directed Verdict for a Brooklyn hospital in a medical malpractice/wrongful death action involving claims of a retained foreign object following surgery alleged to have resulted in the patient’s death.
- Kings County – Defense Verdict in medical malpractice/wrongful death action, where it was claimed that the defendant endoscopist failed to properly monitor and appreciate worsening vital signs, leading to the arrest and death of a patient in his 50s, during an elective colonoscopy.
- Kings County – Defense Verdict for a vascular surgeon in a medical malpractice action, where it was alleged the plaintiff suffered permanent neurologic injury. Following closing arguments, the jury found for Mr. Rosenblatt’s client, returning a defense verdict in under 15 minutes.
- Richmond County – Defense Verdict for an infectious disease consultant in a medical malpractice action, where it was alleged the physician did not properly treat an infection, leading to permanent disability in one of the patient’s legs.
- Dutchess County – Directed Verdict for a hospital in a medical malpractice action, where it was claimed that the hospital was vicariously liable for the actions of the co-defendant surgeon. Mr. Rosenblatt successfully argued at the close of evidence that the plaintiff did not elicit sufficient evidence during trial to allow the claim to be considered by the jury and the Court agreed.
- 11 ARFD attorneys recognized in ‘Best Lawyers in America’ (2023 Edition)! Learn more →
- Aaronson Rappaport Attorneys recognized as 2022 NY Metro Super Lawyers and Rising Stars! Learn more →
- Lawrence Rosenblatt successfully argues for summary judgment in bed sore case in Brooklyn Learn more →
- 11 Aaronson Rappaport Attorneys Recognized as The Best Lawyers in America for 2022! Learn more →
- 24 ARFD Attorneys Recognized as 2021 NY-Metro Super Lawyers and Rising Stars! Learn more →
- 15 Aaronson Rappaport Partners & Associates recognized as The Best Lawyers in America (2021 Edition) Learn more →
- 23 ARFD attorneys recognized as 2020 NY-Metro Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Learn more →
- Lawrence W. Rosenblatt and trial team obtain defense verdict in Dutchess County Learn more →
- 10 ARFD Partners recognized by Best Lawyers in America 2020, including Jay A. Rappaport, named Lawyer of the Year Learn more →
- Directed verdict in Kings County for Lawrence Rosenblatt and his trial team Learn more →
- 19 ARFD Attorneys named as 2019 NY-Metro Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Learn more →
- Lawrence W. Rosenblatt obtains a medical malpractice defense verdict in Queens County Learn more →
- 10 ARFD partners recognized by The Best Lawyers in America© 2019 Learn more →
- 11 ARFD partners recognized by NY-Metro Super Lawyers for 2018 Learn more →
- Two more successful summary judgment motion outcomes for ARFD clients Learn more →
- Lawrence Rosenblatt obtains a directed verdict in Dutchess County after two-week trial Learn more →
- Aaronson Rappaport Partners Were Selected to the 2017 New York Super Lawyers List Learn more →
- Aaronson Rappaport Partners Were Selected to the 2016 New York Super Lawyers List Learn more →
- Aaronson Rappaport Partner Lawrence Rosenblatt Presented at CLM Conference Learn more →
- Three Defense Verdicts Obtained in One Month for Aaronson Rappaport Clients Learn more →
- New York’s Highest State Court Tells NYC To Improve Roadway Safety Learn more →
- Forces of Labor Defense in Erb’s Palsy cases…to be continued? Learn more →
- No fiduciary breach without respondeat superior Learn more →
- Beginning of the End for Medicaid Liens? Learn more →
- Wrongful Death Suit Tossed for Staten Island Man Killed by Pit Bulls Learn more →
- FDA considering expanding role of pharmacists and reducing role of physicians…really? Learn more →
- Clients stressed by lawsuits? Communicate! Learn more →
- Against Medical Advice – Remember CPLR Article 14. Learn more →