Labor and Employment Law
Running a business is difficult. Navigating the complexities of city, state and federal labor and employment laws can make it more so. The labor and employment attorneys of Aaronson Rappaport have the experience to deal with the kinds of claims that are routinely brought in employer-employee disputes, such as:
- Discrimination claims based upon age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy and other protected classes
- Allegations of violations of FMLA and medical and sick leave laws
- Violations of FLSA and wage and hour laws
- Sexual harassment and hostile work environment claims
- Claims arising from allegations of wrongful termination
- Whistleblower and retaliation claims
- Employment contract disputes
- Claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Violations of Title VII, New York State Human Rights Law, New York City Human Rights Law and Section 1981 claims
- Violations of the National Labor Relations Act
- Representation before the EEOC, New York State Division of Human Rights, National Labor Relations Board and other governmental agencies as well as at mediations and arbitrations.
The labor and employment attorneys of Aaronson Rappaport also understand that it is better for a business to avoid legal claims to begin with. To that end, we offer our consulting advice with respect to risk mitigation and best practices in the training of management and termination of employees as well as investigation of employee complaints. We are also available to draft or review employee handbooks and workplace policies.
Unfortunately, despite taking a proactive approach to risk mitigation, sometimes litigation is unavoidable. While prepared to litigate these types of claims in order to zealously protect our clients’ businesses and reputations, we also ensure that we know our clients’ risk tolerance – tailoring our advice and litigation strategies accordingly.
A RESPECTED LEADER
- We are litigation experts – more than 95 percent of our caseload is litigation-related – offering our clients the extensive benefits of our renowned expertise.
- Our trial lawyers are widely known for our unsurpassed legal, medical, scientific and technical expertise and, most importantly, for winning cases. We leverage this reputation to convince the opposition that we are fully capable and prepared to take even the most difficult cases to trial.
- Our trial lawyers produce outstanding results with cost-efficiency and our clients’ risk tolerance always in mind. Our familiarity with the courts in which we practice enables us to flawlessly navigate the complex procedural aspects to litigation, which leads to favorable outcomes.
- We are recognized as a Go-To Law Firm for Fortune 500 Companies by ALM.
- Our individual attorneys have achieved distinction among their peers: Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™, U.S. News – Best Lawyers®, New York Super Lawyers, New York Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Top 1% Trial Counsel among others.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about our labor and employment law practice.
- 23 ARFD attorneys recognized as 2020 NY-Metro Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Learn more →
- Bench trial win for Nanor Terjanian, in New Jersey’s Bergen County Superior Court Learn more →
- 10 ARFD Partners recognized by Best Lawyers in America 2020, including Jay A. Rappaport, named Lawyer of the Year Learn more →
- 19 ARFD Attorneys named as 2019 NY-Metro Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Learn more →
- 11 ARFD partners recognized by NY-Metro Super Lawyers for 2018 Learn more →