Aaronson Rappaport’s appellate practice team collectively has more than 75 years of experience briefing cases and arguing before New York’s appellate courts at both the state and federal level, including the New York State Court of Appeals and the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Aaronson Rappaport strongly believes that the key to a successful appeal starts long before a notice of appeal is filed. Our appellate team works closely with the firm’s other practice areas from inception of litigation through trial, ensuring pleadings are properly crafted to preserve any necessary defenses; consulting on and/or drafting motions throughout discovery and in the pre-trial phase; taking an active role if a case goes to trial by consulting on and/or drafting motions in limine and providing trial monitoring services with the goal of eliminating problematic appellate issues and ensuring an adequate record is created in the event intervention of a higher court is needed.
In the event a case reaches the appellate stage, the depth of Aaronson Rappaport’s appellate practice experience means that we never have to outsource our client’s appellate work. At Aaronson Rappaport, an appeal is approached from day one with a deep knowledge of the record through the experience of the trial team that handled the day-to-day litigation. This, in combination with our appellate team’s thorough understanding of the law and our skill of crafting a succinct and persuasive written and oral presentation, has brought with it an impressive level of success on the appellate level by any measure.
A RESPECTED LEADER
- We are litigation experts – more than 95 percent of our caseload is litigation-related – offering our clients the extensive benefits of our renowned expertise.
- Our trial lawyers are widely known for our unsurpassed legal, medical, scientific and technical expertise and, most importantly, for winning cases. We leverage this reputation to convince the opposition that we are fully capable and prepared to take even the most difficult cases to trial.
- Our trial lawyers produce outstanding results with cost-efficiency and our clients’ risk tolerance always in mind. Our familiarity with the courts in which we practice enables us to flawlessly navigate the complex procedural aspects to litigation, which leads to favorable outcomes.
- We continually are recognized as a U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firm” nationally and New York City for Health Care Law.
- We continually are recognized as a U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firm” New York City for Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants.
- We continually are recognized as a U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firm” New York City for Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants.
- We are continually recognized as a U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firm” New York City for Product Liability Litigation – Defendants.
- We are recognized as a Go-To Law Firm for Fortune 500 Companies by ALM.
- Our individual attorneys have achieved distinction among their peers: Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™, U.S. News – Best Lawyers®, New York Super Lawyers, New York Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Top 1% Trial Counsel among others.
Please email email@example.com for more information about our appellate practice.
- Appellate Victory for ARFD on behalf of Hospital and Emergency Room physicians! Learn more →
- ARFD victory with 30 cases dismissed! Court agrees, No vicarious liability for a Hospital for mere affiliation with alleged abuser under Child Victims Act. Learn more →
- Aaronson Rappaport Attorneys recognized as 2022 NY Metro Super Lawyers and Rising Stars! Learn more →
- 15 Aaronson Rappaport Partners & Associates recognized as The Best Lawyers in America (2021 Edition) Learn more →
- 22 ARFD attorneys recognized as 2020 NY-Metro Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Learn more →